Subject: Re: Airport Securyty
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 22:56:00 -0500

> At 10:42 PM 11/16/97 -0100, you wrote:
> >Last year I was on a two month assignement I was carrying something like
> 400 rolls,-100 & 400 ASA B&W and Slides-, went troght airports of
> Barcelona,London,Bombay, Delhi, Dhaka,Calcuta,Delhi(again),London(again)
> and Barcelona..............
> >                       .
> >                       .
> >                       .
> >                       .
> >                       .
> >                       .
> >                       ........The lab ruined all of them.
> >
> >Life is wonderful:):):):):)
> >Jordi Vidal

One of my firm beliefs in photography is that Murphy's Law will get you
if you don't watch out. Half my preparation for a shoot is anticipating
what will go wrong and planning for it. I always make sure I have a
spare body with me; especially when shooting aerials from expensive
helicopters. I bought a second radio trigger when I knew I was going to
be doing photos of a building from a three-story lift truck and the job
would require four hours lighting time, a fifteen minute window of
daylight balanced with interior light and three models on a Saturday.
So, when I know I have irreplaceable film (see above)I always have the
lab do it in batches; not all of it at once. They have power failures,
water shutoffs, rack crashes in the dip and dunk and other gremlins to
watch out for. What I don't understand is how they screwed up both color
and black & white.

Carl S.