Subject: Re: DOF lever on R7
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 18:30:57 -0800

At 03:54 PM 11/18/97 PST, you wrote:
>     Hi,
>
>      I just acquired a R7 with one minor problem.  I found out that the
>     DOF lever is kind of sticky.  After I stop down by pushing the lever
>     toward the body, it does not go back to its place.  I have to push it
>     back to take it to its normal place.  It is not broken.  I wonder if
>     this problem can be fixed easily at home.  If not, I might want to
>     return it to the seller.  I traded my 60/2.8 with 1:1 and 50/2 for it.
>      Any suggestion?
>
>     Regards,
>     David

This is an educated guess. I would not try fixing it at home unless you can
see the complete mechanism... which you cannot. I would seem to me that the
return spring is either broken or has come loose. I would ***guess*** that
an independent repair person could fix this for not an excessive fee. Check
with:

Sherry Krauter
Golden Touch Quality Camera Repair
118 Purgatory Road