Subject: Re: The problems of living IN the USA
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 22:51:51 -0600

At 07:33 PM 11/18/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Dunno about B&H but an Asian family (resident in Portland) owns Camera

>Another Portland Shop, Pro Photo Supply always has a reasonable quantity of
>used Leica(M) gear and an adequate supply of new stuff...they don't stock
>new R stuff.

Until recently, the Pro shop on the East side of the Willamette, Citizen
Photo, stocked Leica R, and every once in a while after that time has
something of interest. I had an opportunity to buy a 350 4.8 there once in
mint condition for $1,300! Boy did I miss out. They claimed there wasn't
enough volume to justify stocking it. But their prices were higher than
Camera World of Oregon.

Remember CWO. When the states start making each other collect sales tax,
CWO will be tax free, since Oregon doesn't have sales tax.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

My computer's sick. I think my modem is a carrier.