Subject: View Camera & Camera Arts magazine
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 10:45:21 -0800

At 07:26 AM 11/19/97 -0800, you wrote:
>> -DaveWhen I first started to get the magazine it was named Darkroom and
>creative camera Techniques.  Att the time there was another called
>Darkroom.  There was a name change about 2 (?) years ago, and almost
>immediately afterwards the other magazine stopped publishing.  I consider
>Photo Techniques to be one of the very few really good magazines on the
>market.  Their articles are sophisticated and informative unkike some of
>the others which are real dreck.  Also, if you haven't seen View Camera I
>suggest that you pick up a copy at Barnes and Noble.  Devoted mainly to
>fine art photography,  I think that it would be interesting to anyone who
>shoots b&w.  Phil Simmons, the magazine publisher, recently came out with
>another magazine devoted to the small format shooter.  I saw it at the
>Javitz show, .  Unfortunately, it hasn't hit the bookstores here yet.
>(maybe somebody out there can supply the name.)
>jack

The Publisher and editor of View Camera magazine is Steve Simmons (not
Phil) and his new magazine is "Camera Arts". Two issues have been published
so far. The Fall (premier issue) and Winter issues. In 1998, Camera Arts
will publish in opposite months to View Camera. Both issues of Camera Arts
have Leica articles. You can get back issues and subscriptions from:

Steve Simmons Inc.
1400 S Street
Suite 200
Sacramento,  CA 95814