Subject: Re: Would Perfect Lens have Bokeh?
From: "Don Bledsoe" <dbledsoe@micron.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 18:22:05 -0700

>> Dan wrote:

>> The Bokeh can either look nice, or not so nice, and is determined in part
by the mechanical construction of the lens (aperture blades) and to the
extent that certain aberations (I believe spherical is the main culprit)
have been controlled.<<

If the iris aperture has some effect on bokeh that, as I understand it, is
supposedly related to the shape of the opening presented by the iris (i.e.,
hexagonal, octagonal, etc. vs.round), then should we see a significant
change in the type of bokeh in the image when a lens with an iris diaphragm
that presents a  hexagonal (or other than round shape) is used wide open
as opposed to stopped down a few stops?

Regards,
Don