Subject: 19 2.8 R was Re: 80 Summilux; R lens line up
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 08:11:31 -0700

On 20 Nov 97,  Eric Welch wrote:

<snip>

> I am getting my 19 2.8 R (new version) tomorrow. I'll let you know
> what I think of it. ==========

You'll love it! I don't own it but a local Leica bud has it and I've
seen its work and looked at/through it and am lusting for it.

Of course, I'm a great fancier of rectilinear W.A.s anyway. The, only
moderately well thought of, Canon 20mm f2.8 for the EOS was arguably my
most used lens with that kit. I just never get enough backlit cactus
spines in the real close foreground stretching to the sharply rendered
mountains on the horizon.

Gotta get that lens! I can, at least aspire to it whereas the 15mm
Super Elmar is out of the question, unless I can steal it!  :^)

- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      The only thing that hurts more than paying income tax
      is not having to pay income tax.