Subject: Re: Japanese Leica Users
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 16:40:16 -0500 (EST)

  First of all - Steve Gandy & I deal with more Japanese dealers than all of
  the rest of the LUG combined,  Steve more than I,  as I only go to one of
  the many California camera shows a month and don't have a website like
  Steve does but I am one of the few LHSA  members that likes to sell over-
  seas and many Japanese like to communicate by FAX.

  There are usually from 4 to 10 Japanese buyers at any large camera show
  in the major cities of the US and the JAPANESE DON'T CONSIDER ANY
  LEICA  AFTER THE M4 to really be what they consider to be a LEICA and
  rarely have I seen  them  buy one.  There are probably more  Mint M3s  in
  Japan than in the rest of the world.

  I am  sure that we do have some Japanese  members on the LUG and they
  probably own & use M6s or R8s, but I am also sure they are in the minority.

  This is only my obversations and therefore not open to arguement by those
  that just like to argue  "How many ANGELS will fit on the  HEAD OF A PIN !
  Dicussion Yes! --- Arguement  No!

    Marvin Moss  (pinhead)