Subject: Leica R recommendations
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 14:56:41 -0500

Steve wrote:

<<<<Could you please share your ideas on what would be your recomendations
on Body and Lens Kit.>>>>>
Hi Steve,

I always have a problem attempting to answer this kind of question, however
I'll try.

R8 with ground glass screen, if money isn't a problem. And a winder/motor
when available.

R7 if you can buy new, however some good prices used, still need the ground
glass screen and again I'd look at a winder or motor.

35-70 zoom 3.5 made in germany model
70-180 APO if money no object.
2X extender
Depending on what you want to shoot, these two lenses and extender will
cover most situations.

One thing with the R system to keep in mind, macro with the 100 2.8 and
then going into the long lenses 180 2.8 with a 1.4 extender and or a 280
APO. Wide angles with no money problem....15mm or more logical for someone
not working and making the camera generate income: a 28 or 35mm. faster the
better. Then you can work in low light situations.

But for someone to give advice without knowing what kind of photography you
like doing or are doing, is quite difficult. Each one of us will have a
different combination based on the limited information we have, although it
wont be too far off from simular selection

Be interesting to see how close we come in what is suggested. :)

Good luck with whatever you get in R gear, as you'll have fun with it.

ted