Subject: Re: Leica R recommendations
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 22:26:06 -0600

At 11:09 AM 11/21/97 -0500, you wrote:

>would be a great kit.  Could you please share your ideas on what would
>be your recomendations on Body and Lens Kit.  I probably can't do it all
>at once but I can dream and start budgeting one piece at a time.  Thanks
>for your help.

Well, you have to decide what's right for you. But I would suggest a wide
angle, short tele and long tele. Something that will complement your M
system first. So if you have a 35mm Summicron M, maybe a 180 Elmarit and
something wide. Like a 24 or 19, or a 21 f/4. They're great lenses, but a
bit slow. Depends on what you shoot. A 28 Elmarit can be had for a song,
and a 90 Summicron can be pretty inexpensive too.

What do you have in the M line so far?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch