Subject: Re: Leicas for Cigarettes
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 14:33:52 -0500 (EST)

  In a message dated 97-11-22 08:23:40 EST,   Tom A. writes:

 << Somebody claimed that there is a faint risk of Tokyo tipping the whole
  country into the sea due to the volume of Leicas there!
  Tom A
 > Tom --Like I said "there are probably more mint M3s in Japan than the
   rest of the world" and now that their economy is down, they are trying
   to unload.  Its the the same "rationale" as the stock market and the
   Japanese are now selling short.  M6s & Rs are selling almost at cost.

   Alf Breull once told me that during WW2, his mother traded his fathers
   Leica for 5,000 cigarettes to put food on the table.  I don't thing that
the
   Japanese are exactly starving but luxuries are alway the first to go.
   The  opposite is happening in Germany;  so many Leicas have been
   exported and appropriated after WW2, that now the Germans want them
   back and are paying top dollar for them -- and I dont mean the M6 & R8s.

    Marvin Moss