Subject: Re: Tom A. / M2/M3/M4 conversion
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 15:26:30 -0500 (EST)

 Tom - Several years ago you sent me a photo of your M2/M3/M4 Leica
 and recently an acquaintance showed me a M2 that he loved & sent to
 Leica to have a new RF put in.  He was told that they were no longer
 available but they could replace his worn RF with a M4 type which he
 did for $400.  I ask Tony why he didnt just buy an M4 and he replied
 that he considered the M2 to be a better camera.  Now, since the M4
 is my favorite Leica & you have more expertise in this sort of thing
 than anyone I know of ---------what do you think about his choice?

 Marvin Moss  (enemy of the LUG clique)
<<
 Hey. I do not have all the M2's (yet) but I am working on it. The DS M3 is a
 great camera, but it is not a M2. The main problem with the old DS and the
 early SS M3's is the shutter brake. If it is worn it is very difficult and
 expensive to replace and if the finders ( and rangefinder patch is dark) a
 new finder will cost almost as much as the camera. If you find a clean and
 well cared for M3 it is worth >>