Subject: Re: Leica/Nikon/Canon
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 03:52:12 -0500 (EST)

<<
 > I can't understand why someone hasn't made an M body. It's my dream.
 Nikon,
 > Canon, even Pentax could build a fine film back for my Leica glass. The
 > rangefinder would be the tricky part. If the CLE is any indication, the
 > Leica rangefinder is a true work of art, but if they could get the
 > rangefinder even close, just think of the posibilites.
 Many years ago Canon gave up trying to compete with Leitz on RF
 cameras and concentrated on  SLR.  When  Leitz got into the act
 in 1964 with the 1st Leicaflex,  it was so far behind  the Nikon and
 Canon technology that it took over 25 years to catch up.  Now they
 do have the superb but motorless R8 but Nikon has a digital back
 I hear.  Anyone of info on it?

 Marvin