Subject: Photokina
From: Chan <"janpo@tm.net.my"@tm.net.my>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 21:59:16 -0800

Jim's idea is worth a second thought. Luggers planning for the '98
photokina could make this trip worthwhile if some coordinated effort
leads to Solms for that opportune visit. I recollect some LHSA members
did get around for such a trip several years back.
And Ted, you would find Malaysia is a beautiful country with her
20-million friendly people. Not too many Leicas around though but more of
Nikon and EOS. Be a welcome guest and do not be surprise to say "I'll be
back". Leica's used to be much cheaper here comparatively until a few
month's back when our currency fell by 35% against your US$. Looks like I
have to delay my R8 for now and stick with my M6. Just as good, if not
better!

Paul Chan