Subject: Re: Leica/Nikon/Canon
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 00:12:54 -0600

At 11:00 PM 11/23/97 -0500, you wrote:

>mose likely to buy. Fujix also has a camera built along the same lines. Both
>are really nice, mega-pixel cameras, but this Summer, I asked the price and

Dan,

Really, I'm not trying to pick on you! :-)

But the Fujix camera is the same as the wholly Nikon digital camera (as
opposed to the Kodak/AP or Kodak/Canon bodies). That is, unless they have
come out with a new camera in the last month. It uses cards that only hold
15 images, and its maximum aperture is 6.7! It is full frame, so TTL flash
works, but that's about all the good that can be said about it. It's
resolution is about the same as the Kodak cameras, but who cares? It's not
useable. We photojournalists like fast lenses.

And it's based on the F4 body. Very loosly, but it's there.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

IRS: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!