Subject: Re: Re: Aftermarket for Leica M
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 09:13:49 +0000

Tom wrote:

>>I want an RF made by Canon with a Leica M mount.
>>
>>Tom

And Jim replied:

>Yuck!
>
>Jim

I've now had a Canon 7s RF with 50/1.2 LTM Canon for a couple of weeks, and
the results so far are pretty good, both with the Canon and Leica LTM
lenses.

Having an LTM body which automatically corrects for parallax is a distinct
advantage, and the switchable framelines (35/50/85/100/135) are bright and
clear. The rangefinder is good enough, but not a patch on the crisply
defined RF area on my M2 and M3s.

The shutter is quiet and accurate, and loading is a breeze.

It's a good deal quicker to use than my IIIf, but there's no contest in the
handling and feel department compared with the M Leicas.

If you want to use M lenses, use them on an M body.

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst
Cork Florists