Subject: RE: LED problems
From: Simon Ogilvie <simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 97 15:01:00 GMT

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997 00:35:03 -0600, Dan asked:

> > I keep hearing this, and I keep missing the point.  I always store my
camera
> > with the shutter uncocked, so that even if I do press on the shutter
> > release button, the LEDs will not light up.  Am I still risking battery
> > drain in this situation?

And Colin answered:

> You should be OK if the shutter is not cocked, that keeps the meter off
> also.

Surely if you leave the shutter cocked while the camera is in the bag
you risk not only draining the battery, but inadvertently firing the shutter
don't you?  There is no shutter lock on the M6 other than not cocking it
in the first place?

Simon.