Subject: Re: Ricoh 28 mm LTM Lens
From: pcb@gol.com (Paul C. Brodek)
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 00:47:07 +0900

Hi Gary---Konica has introduced two LTM lenses in the past 2 years: a
35mm/2.0 (limited run sold out quickly---now only available used) and
a collapsible 50mm/2.4 (still available new).  At least that's the
current availability situation here in Japan.

Ricoh also just introduced a limited-production 28mm/2.8 LTM lens, and
there are one or two other companies offering new LTM lenses as well
(a 21mm/2.8 and two 28mm/3.5s). =20

Jeremy mentioned that Ricoh will be exporting some of the 28mm/2.8s to
England.  I haven't heard anything regarding possible export to the
US. =20

There are also some camera stores in Japan offering Contax-G lenses
converted to LTM mount.  I'm not clear on how you'd focus, since the
Contax-G lenses don't have focusing rings.

Regards,

PB

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997 21:56:27 -0500 (EST), Woodwrkng@aol.com wrote:

>Hi Paul
>Im Gary
>Was browsing thru and had my interest peaked by your mention of a
>(Konica)'90s lens that would fit a screw mount Leica...hmmm are we =
speaking
>reality or just what ifs...?
>I recently became an IIIf owner and, well ..?
>...and anyone out there with a rounded experience with the IIIfs? Id =
like to
>hear from you about its particulars..my understanding is that its a =
great
>available light camera.. also Im a bit confused about the lens.. its =
marked a
>Summaron... I see a lot of talk about Summacrons ... whats the =
difference?
>Thanks
>Gary

Paul C. Brodek