Subject: Re: About the R4
From: ChipZHZ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 10:53:51 -0500 (EST)

Stefan,
I  think that 500.00 is still too much for a R4....I sold a mint  R4SP for
about that(although I wish I hadn't).  I'd look a bit more, also I have heard
that some R4's below a certain serial number(?) are thought to be more
problematic than others, the one I had was a 167xxx and always did fine( I
also bought it "new" with a passport warranty and never worried, it had been
in the box for 5 years), but I always prefered the SP as some controls were
better(eg. bracketing).  I think the idea to find a R6 in the 900.00 range,
mint is a good one.

Good luck,

chip