Subject: Re: Leica/Nikon/Canon
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 21:25 +0000 (PST)

Eric Welch writes:

> Really, I'm not trying to pick on you! :-)
>
> But the Fujix camera is the same as the wholly Nikon digital camera
(as
> opposed to the Kodak/AP or Kodak/Canon bodies). That is, unless
they
> have
> come out with a new camera in the last month. It uses cards that
only
> hold
> 15 images, and its maximum aperture is 6.7! It is full frame, so
TTL
> flash
> works, but that's about all the good that can be said about it.
It's
> resolution is about the same as the Kodak cameras, but who cares?
It's
> not
> useable. We photojournalists like fast lenses.

It's hard to over state what a nasty horrible crock of **** the
Nikon/Fujix E2n is. A truly *dreadful* thing which should have been
drowned at birth. Sad to say I have it on good authority that its
existence is the reason that there have been no improvements on the
AP NC2000e. Nikon think that the E2n with its relay optics, is the
way to go.

I hope they see the error of their ways soon.