Subject: Re: LED problems
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 20:50:56 -0500 (EST)

 Last year i talked to Leica about this. My idea was to design amd make a
different battery cover for the M6, It would have a sliding switch that cut
the circut to the meter and kept the battreies from draining.It would also
allow the user to do a meter reading, switch of the meter and stop those
glowing diodes from throwing the concentration off. It seems to be a simple
thing to do, a small lever with a On/Off setting on the rim of the cover, a
helicoil cut contact switch etc. It could be sold as an accesory battery
cover ( with a slot in it so that you can get it off, the current one tends
to require a pair of pliers to unscrew - with severe depreciation to the
cameras value after they slipped!).
 Leica listened sagely and told me to set the shutterspeed to B etc, etc.
Later on I was told that the problem will be adressed but I had to be patient
about it. O.K, I have been patient, now could they release whatever it is
they have figured out!!!!
 No, I will not start producing the On/Off switch battery cover, if someone
among the luggers want to do it, I will be happy to assist with design and
ideas. I am a disaster with electronics ( hence the large quantity of M2's!!)
- - I even ripped out the electronic  fuel injection in my $1000 Cadillac (1978
Seville) and replaced it with a Oldsmobile manifold and a Carter 650 cfm
carburator. The mileage is atrocious but it starts and runs all the time.
 Tom A