Subject: Re: digital news photos/concerns
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 22:56:06 -0600

At 08:00 PM 11/25/97 -0400, you wrote:

>magnetic media only last a few years unless they are refreshed? If you're
>a long-time working pro, what do you do with the hundreds of thousands of
>images, which make up your lifetime's work, which need to be backed up

You do what our paper is doing. Put them on CDs. That's a format that will
be useful for years. DVD can read them. And to make copes if disks will
probably become common in the future. Dumping the info form CDs to the next
generation stuff.

Hmm...there's got to be a million to be made in that.

That being said, I'm not sad at all I'm not going digital soon. I'm having
too much fun with my Leicas!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

God is REAL, unless explicitly declared INTEGER.