Subject: Re:Leitz / Japanese BL finders / my eyes
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 17:34:57 -0500 (EST)

 I haver never given it much thought but I have about 9 Leitz & Canon
 Bright Line Finders on my desk now and have noticed  something
 puzzling. I need a diopter of  minus 1 as I am slightly nearsighted,
 but can see perfectly through all seven of the Leitz finders but see
 a slight blur with the Canon's finders.

 The opposite is true with Leica cameras. My wifes 3 R7s are slightly
 blurry to me but my 3 Canon A1s are sharp as a tack.
 Does this mean that the Leitz glass has a bias for the nearsighted
 in their auxillary finders but the opposite for their cameras?
 This is not a random exercise as I have over 2 dozen cameras here
 on my table to check & it holds true with them all.

 Please no bad jokes about the Japanese being nearsighted and the
 Germans being farsighted since as I said before, there are probably
 more mint Leica M3s in Japan than in the rest of the world.  I do try
 to be humorous on occasion but I am deadly serious about this.

 Nearsighted  Marvin Moss