Subject: Re: Tell me about the 135 f2.8 R lens please.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 22:38:37 -0600

At 08:29 AM 11/26/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Everyone says that this is an underrated lens.   I am going to get this
>lens as my second R lens.  I'd love to hear opinions on it and if people
>think it's sharp etc.

I don't think it's sharp. I know it's sharp.

It was one of my first two Leica lenses back in '81, and I've always
thought it was an outstanding lens. The first thing I photographed with it
was singer Amy Grant. Maybe it was her (what a babe!) but it was those
pictures I first saw that made me say, "So this is what Leica users are
talking about!"

But I like 180s better. Not because of optical performance, but because of
the length.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.