Subject: Re: More on R4
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 22:32:11 -0600

At 02:27 PM 11/26/97 +0100, you wrote:
>mirror-lock, and instead go for a R7 or R8. But is it worth the money to
>get a R8 instead for the R7? What can the R8 do, except from matrix
>metering, which the R7 cannot? By the way, I heard that production of
>the R7 is stopped now.

The best reason to get an R7 is price. And that fact that you can get it
motorized now.

I owned one and loved it.

But the R8 is light years ahead. Mirror lockup works much better (easier).
And flash sync is 1/250, fill flash is much more capable. Built-in flash
meter.

It seems to be built better. Viewfinder is much brighter. It's a vastly
better camera. I would never consider anything but R8s for my primary
camera. The R7 would make a good secondary camera. If you don't use flash,
the R7 is a good alternative.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.