Subject: Re: old camera?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 22:23:32 -0600

At 02:15 AM 11/26/97 -0400, you wrote:

>The Ermanox was important because it was one of the first hand-holdable
>cameras used for available light work. I think that it had an f/2.8 lens,
>and took small plates.

Glass plates, and the lens was 1.8, not 2.8. And the guy who put it on the
map was Erich Solomon and his coverage of diplomats in Europe. But he and
Eisenstadt, Felix Mann, I believe and others were very happy to get Leicas
instead. Glass plates are harder to handle. Had to sew big pockets into his
tuxedos.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.