Subject: Re: 40 summicron -C
From: aglang@sprynet.com
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 23:23:11 -0800

Not necessarily. Rangefinder roller has to be *centered* to work correctly with
40 Summicron-C or ELmar-C. They have sloping cams, requiring the rollers to be
precisely centered. Other SM and M lenses have flat cams that move back and
forth as the lens group moves (50mm) or uses a differential helix to correct the
actual lens group movement (smaller for focal length ,50mm, greater for FL
>50mm) for other lenses. THis helix is expensive to manufacture, the C lens were
made less expensively.

AGL