Subject: Re: Which Metz for M?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 18:38:30 -0600

At 02:38 PM 11/28/97 +0000, you wrote:

>done what he can), I don't want to buy another. I think Metz is the right
>direction to go, but which model is best as a moderately small flash that
>will be used only with Leica M? (If you think Metz isn't the answer to my
>reliability concerns, I'm open to other options.)

I don't want any more 283's either, they have a very high trip voltage, and
can Nuke an R8. But for an M6, they're just fine. Until, like yours, they
just give up.

I bought a Metz 40 MZ3 recently, and it's a wonderful flash, but it's
massive on top of an M6. I used it on my M6 the night I got it, and
whenever I wasn't holding it, the M6 turns upside down and the flash hangs
straight down. I would think the 30, 32 models would be more appropriate
for the M6.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

You're only young once; you can be immature f'ever