Subject: Re: Help with the M6
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 20:02:12 -0800

> For daylight fill, use slow film to offset the slow
> sync speed and you're ok.  Just set the ASA dial on the 283 to a 1-to-2
> f-stop faster film speed and go from there.  That fools the strobe into
> underexposing the flash and you get an "auto fill flash" of sorts.

If I'm not mistaken the ASA dial on those non-TTL auto flashes are not
hooked up to anything inside the flash. When you change the ASA it only
serves to show the user a different F stop and max distance. So it might be
safer not to change the dial and just close down your lens 1 or 2 stops.
That way you don't risk forgetting to reset it. Please correct me if I'm
wrong.