Subject: Re: IIIf Loading
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 23:13:45 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Marc James Small wrote:
> Insert the film in the takeup spool flap.  Insert the cassette and the
> takeup spool in the camera.  You may have to play with it a bit to get it
> to seat properly.  Try "Z" or "T" ('zeit' or 'time') rather than "B" to
> open the shutter.
>
> There is a trick here.  Some get it the first time they load an LTM camera,
> others have to work at it a bit before they get it -- it's much like

One of the tricks I learned thru experience is to watch while winding
on for first couple of frames.  With the base plate off, make sure that
the film perfs are meeting the sprocket next to the take up spool.

Now, then, do I dare resurrect the thread about why the film sprocket
holes will appear in the exposed film?

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart