Subject: [Leica] 35mm Summicron help
From: LeicaM6@webtv.net (David Miller)
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 18:55:41 -0600

Hi.  I just signed up for this list.  Looks like a great one!

I have a question regarding different versions of the 35mm Summicron (M
mount, of course).

I have been using a 1959 35 Summicron for some time now.  For
photojournal work and general "snap" shooting, it has proved itself
quite worthy.

However,  I have noticed a lack of definition (detail) in my scenic
photos (that razor sharp definition I am used to with my other Leica
lenses).

My question is this.  In the line of 35 Summicrons, which is considered
"the best" for all-around performance?  Is the current production the
lense to have?  Or are some of the earler versions more admirable?

The Summilux and Aspherical are a bit out of my price range at this
point, so I would rather up grade to a better Summicron.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Dave M