Subject: Re: [Leica] FILTERS FOR THE 19 F/2.8
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 14:33:36 -0800

jsaravia@zeus.uniandes.edu.co wrote:
>=20
> I have been reading a very good comments about the  19 f/2.8, but there=
 is
> one thing that I can=B4t solve in my mind:
>=20
>  If I can=B4t use 'normal' filters in front of the lens, how could  I p=
rotect
> it=B4s front element ?

By using that most humble of devices:  The lens cap. =20

If, by some rare fluke, you scratch the lens, get it fixed.  My real
wish is that all lenses came with the ability to put filters on the back
so I could semi-permenently attach an 81A and have it away from flare
potential, and leave the front element naked and tucked away behind the
hood.

Donal Philby
San Diego