Subject: Re: [Leica] Ultimate sharpness for portraits???? YUCK
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 21:38:56 -0500

Bob wrote:

<<<Perhaps one of the ways of using sharp lenses for portraiture is to
simply use existing light and employ reflectors to change the intensity of
wild light.>>>>>>

Hi Bob,

But I only use available exisisting light whenever I shoot and still in
this case the matron continued to look like a ugly matron! :)

Hell I could have used reflectors from breakfast to supper and it wouldn't
have made it look any better. This kind of portrait situation using a 90mm
Summicron is a mistake with older women, unless you use a softar filter,
black gauze filter or wrinkle removing wrinkled cellophane. The bottom line
is the 90mm Summicron is just too sharp and fantastic a lens to use on
older women portraits! :) And not have them want to remove part of your
anatomy!   Your head, your head! :)

ted