Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex, Leicaflex SL or R3? Need help again.
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 01:52:31 -0500

Gabe,
I had sort of the same dilemna (sic) and I still have my SL and SL-MOT; I
had three two cam lenses, and when I got my R3, and later an R4 and R7, I
sent the lenses to Leica for the third cam. The SL is an excelent camera;
rugged, extremely simple, and I just plain like it! The true test of any
camera, really, is the lens that forms the image. Many of the Leitz lenses,
in two cam, are exactly like their three cam cousins, but cheaper. I've
found some that were in remarkably good shape for very reasonable prices ( I
bought  a 50/2 Summicron and a 90/2.8 Elmarit for under $300 dollars!) which
was about half what I paid for a newer ( but optically not any better) 50/2
Summicron last year. Hang in there, and shop, shop, shop. Look for ads in
newspapers if you live in a larger city, and prowl the stores for used
stuff- I found a IIIf in good shape, patched shutter curtain, and 50mm Elmar
for $400, but when I had talked She Who Must Be Obeyed into the deal, it was
gone! So, just keep on keepin' on!
Dan