Subject: Re: [Leica] Where to get used leica lenses?
From: Tan <aledtan@rad.net.id>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 04:56:44 -0800

Steve Hickel wrote:

> Lucian,
>
> I bought a new M6 but now need to sell my 80-200 F2.8 Nikkor ED lens
> in
> order to get a good lens for the M6. For now, I must admire the body
> and
> envy the lenses. I am figuring about $650 in cash or trade value for
> the
> Nikkor. Subsequently I am looking at the Summilux F1.4 M mount lens.
> Do you
> feel this lens would be the best value for general shooting, starter
> lens
> or do you have other thoughts?
>
> Also, I bought a black M6. I like the look. A dealer told me to get
> chrome
> as he thought it wouldn't show wear as much. I threw the advice to the
> wind
> in favor of the black look. My question is there tape, e.g. electrical
> that
> could be put in critical wear areas to preserve the body or just throw
>
> caution to the wind and use the heck out of it?
>
> Steve
>
> At 06:46 PM 12/1/97 -0800, you wrote:
> >

> >You can save yourself the trouble of buying the magazine if you just
> go
> >to their site to see the classified ads:
> >
> >http://www.shutterbug.net/class.html
> >
> >Hope you get something there. most of the ads are supposed to be
> placed by
> >private individuals but you see dealer's ads there as well.
> >
> >Lucian
> >

> >On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, John W Lee wrote:
> >
> >> Steve,
> >>
> >> Get yourself a copy of "Shutterbug." It has many listings of used
> Leica
> >> lenses.
> >>
> >>                                      - John

> used Leica

   I also just bought an M6 Titanium with 35/f2 ASPH. If I were you, I
would not worry about protecting the body from wear due to normal
handling and use. I bought my M6 for having a good in taking good
pictures. I know it will depreciate in value as soon as I bought it,
just like buying a BMW or Audi. I would like to totally enjoy the good
M6 without any constraints, or any concern that the body coating might
wear. I like to touch the M6 body directly without and tape or
protective layer on the camera body.
Enjoy your M6,

Howard