Subject: [Leica] Re: Cartier Bresson and the 6 exposures.
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans@komvux.skola.mark.se>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 23:14:32 +0100

I never thought this thread would become this serious, but Art, here goes:

You state that a photography is a works of art, and we are not to be
concerned with how it was created or what it represents, as long as it is a
good picture (eventually made by an artist).
Do you mean that HCB could have set up a Paris street in a studio, hire
jumping men (sorry) and produce his pictures? Well, with todays technology
he might even use Photoshop to add something extra, like Bill Clinton waving
in the corner.

I did not mean to be rude, but for me, a photographer like HCB is someone
that shoots real things in the real world, the way he saw it happen. And we
all admire HCB because of his ability to produce his very special pictures
without manipulating with this reality. This very thing makes them
photographic works of art.
/Hans