Subject: [Leica] Re: [Lieca] My new/old M2
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 23:37:59 -0800

LUGgers,

I received the M2 and it is *better* than advertised. Extremely clean. Like
Ex++, except that there is an extremely minor ding on the edge of the
hinged back. Effects nothing. Hardly noticeable. I stopped by Keeble &
Shuchat's used Leica person with it an he said it would easily sell for
$900-$1000. So for $599 I'm very happy.

I bought a lens from K&S. A 35mm Summicron s/n 2774208 which included a
12585 shade. Would someone (maybe Marc) please tell me which version it is
and if $575 was a reasonable price. It was there on consignment and is in
Ex condition. Glass is absolutely perfect. No dings or scratches, just
overall normal wear. Other lenses just like it (non consignment) were $750
and higher.

I tried Erin Puts site earlier but couldn't get in, so I would be
interested in your comments.

TIA,

Jim

PS...

I got on to Erwin's site and found out that the lens is the version just
before the current version. It's version three I believe. I also found out
that the shade #12585 is for 50mm lenses. I'll have to experiment and see
if it vignettes at small stops. I can trade it for the proper version if
necessary.

I'm still interested in someone's opinion about the lens price.

Thanks again,

Jim