Subject: [Leica] Re: current 2/50 M Summicron
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 23:57:01 +0100

At 12:11 03.12.1997 -0800, Frank Filippone wrote:
>I have awaiting me, in Canada, a newer 50 Summicron (3,5XX,XXX).  Problem

Yes, Frank, you will receive the current version of the 2/50
Summicron with an s/n above 3.5+ mio.

It's a great performer,  and clearly more sharp at f 2.0 and f 2.8.
Additionally, the color saturation is more pronounced. You will
be happy with this lens, specially in 51, 52, ..., 127, etc.
birthday candle pix :)

Unfortunately, the out-of-focus rendition is less nice above
f 4.0, due to the increased contrast performance and color
separation of the lens. Here, the older one is clearly more
pleasant (in my mind).

Alf