Subject: Re: [Leica] Wide Alternatives
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 18:31:45 -0500

Jeff Moore wrote:

SNIP

> Does anyone here own both lenses?  If so, comments would be welcome;  but if I
> were to wish the world, I'd love to see some of the same photos taken with the
> R lens and the Canon lens at 19mm....

>  -Jeff

Jeff,

I have the 17-35 2.8L and love it. I have no basis of comparison with
the 19mm other than your already cited costs. I think you can even find
the Canon lens cheaper than $1500 especially since Canon's offering
rebates at least through the end of the year. I do use it all the time
and am looking forward to buying the 28-70mm L 2.8. For that matter,
there are a couple Leica M lenses I wouldn't mind owning (on topic
now)so if anyone wants to list me as a beneficiary in their will contact
Mr. Small to work out the details.

Carl S.