Subject: Re: [Leica] FILTERS FOR THE 19 F/2.8
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 22:07:51 -0600

At 11:01 AM 12/3/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Is it possible to use the Nikon 77mm polarising filter on it ?
>(the one who is much larger than the filter thread and
>who was made for the Nikkor AF-D 20-35/2,8)

Nope. But my friend, Pete Stone, in Portland, Oregon has described how to
make a lens hood for the 19 into a filter holder. It takes some grinding
and cutting, so I'm not sure I'm up to it. I'm pretty much anti-filter any
way (except for protection when warranted). The 19 has three filters built
in. But I wish two of them were different. I don't shoot black and white
film any more.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

To say a human being is nothing but molecules, is like saying a
Shakespearean play is nothing but words.

Murphy's Law