Subject: Re: [Leica] Lenses for B/W or Color
From: Michael Leitheiser <flyh2o@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 21:52:14 -0800

At 12:57 AM 12/6/97 +0000, you wrote:
>At 04:43 PM 12/5/97 -0600, GH wrote:
>>The last point Erwin makes here caught my attention.  Why is it that a B&W
>>picture is a better test for the capabilities of a lens than a colour
image?

snipsnipsnip

>I am enough of a <sigh> snob that I have trouble seeing colour shots as
>more than happy snaps.  If it's art, its b&w.  This is but ONE of my many
>deficiencies:  you all have seen a slew of others!
>
>Marc

Have seen those, but didn't know this one was a deficiency......I didn't
even know color materials could be used in a Leica at all until I started
reading the LUG.    As Quinn said in Zorba.....Dance is the only true art
form...except for b&w.
Mike Leitheiser

"When the trout are lost, smash the state."
                                   Tom McGuane