Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux photo
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 20:28:43 -0500

At 01:15 AM 12/9/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Tina,
>      <http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>,
>not to speak of your Honduras pictures.
>
>To me your picture would be even better - in the meaning of
>"more accentuated" or "more pronounced" - if it's cut on the upper
>part just below the lips, on the left side till the man's right
>nipple, and on the lower part just below the upper girdle line.
>That's what I would try. But, unfortunately, this would change
>the emaning of your picture also.

You are right, Alf!  That's exactly why I posted the photo - to get
constructive criticism.  It is hard to be objective when the photos are of
people I remember.  I knew that something about this photo bothered me and
you're exactly right.  I usually keep the golden "mean" in mind, but hadn't
thought about it for this photo.  I'm going in the darkroom tomorrow to try
cropping it.  I may like the full frame better, but I'll never know until I
try.  Thanks for your comments!   Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>