Subject: [Leica] Re: Performance Limits
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 01:06:03 -0500 (EST)

What, and where, for a simple minded engineer like myself, are the limits and
real world constraints on the performance of a photographic system. --Barney
Barney,

I'm not a scientist, just an observer. What I have seen in the past, and I
believe it can be extrapolated vis a vis future developments, is endless
improvements in both still film and digital technology, tapering off but
never ending, continuing in tandem in incremental quality and convenience
progressions. In short, there are no constraints upon performance. If you add
to that scenario the increasing knowledge and competence of photographers,
then there are no limits to photographic achievement technically and in
esthetics. I doubt whether this is true to the same degree in any of the
other arts.

Bob