Subject: Re: [Leica] The Focaslide
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 11:36:04 -0500

I find the focuslide handy if I have a large number of same size copies to
make. It works fine and there really isn't much you can do to screw it up.

kw

>LUGs
>
>With all the talk lately of R8s, ROMs, and aspheric glass, I feel a bit
>out place raising the subject of the venerable Focaslide. For lack of
>motivation to do anything truly constructive (like cleaning house or doing
>Christmas shopping for someone other than myself), I resurrected my
>Focaslide and tried it out with the head of a 50mm NF Summicron.  While I
>did get a few blank frames as the result of neglecting to move the camera
>body into the taking position, the test negatives did show that the device
>does indeed still hold potential for copy and close up work.
>
>Is anyone else still using one?
>
>Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
>		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
>		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
>		http://www.connix.com/~royzart
>Written with the assistance of a labrador retriever whose chin is on the
>keyboard.  Any typos are his fault.

- ----
Davison Middle School                  preferred--->
<wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423                  <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>