Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: A Fair Report.. Off Topic?
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 13:25:26 -0700

On 11 Dec 97,  Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

>  Why, if it is being CCed to LUG, is it being cross-posted at all?
>  --Carl S.
> Carl,
>
> I cross-posted this item because I know our fellow Leica users aren't
> narrow-minded. They're as much concerned with content as with
> equipment (ends as well as means), since both interact to produce fine
> work.

Not a question of narrowmindedness. Carl and I are even more interested
in the list's topicalness [sic], Bob. Photoforum is a general purpose
photographic list where there are few boundaries to be observed. What
is proper fodder on Photoforum is NOT necessarily proper for the
Leica-Users list. I would have to say that about 50% of the last
several months posts here better belong on photoforum.

You people who want this list to be everything to all subscribers are,
IMO, imposing on the time and inclination of this list's readers. If I
want to read about all aspects of photography, I'll read Photoforum and
assorted other dedicated lists.

Yes, the list will wander off topic on occasion. That's life. To post a
piece, however, that takes the initiative in going off topic isn't what
a dedicated list is all about. I would request that we all ask
ourselves, before we post, whether it is on  topic, and of interest to
those subscribed to this dedicated list.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      Romance begins when you sink into his arms,
      and ends with your arms in his sink!