Subject: Re: [Leica] A trip
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 19:15:03 -0800

At 08:39 PM 12/12/97 -0600, you wrote:
>At 11:44 PM 12/11/97 -0800, you wrote:
>
>>Cibachrome used to be very contrasty. But Ilfochrome now comes in three
>>contrast grades. The "normal" or contrasty grade, and two grades of less
>>contrast. It's actually quite dramatic. You can print stuff that would
>>normally require contrast masks, without any problems. Ilfochrome is a
>>dynamite product. Go see:
>
>Do the new papers have the same color palette of the old stuff. I loved to
>look at Ilfo...er Cibas. Espeically printed from Kodachromes made with
>Leica lenses (on topic!).
>
>Eric Welch

I use only Ilfochrome Classic, normal contrast. This is the super gloss
high priced stuff. I make a contrast mask if needed rather than using the
lower contrast material. I personally like the original "Ciba punch." My
contrast masks only masks the really bright areas, leaving everything else
as is. Of course you can make a mask to bring the complete dynamic range
down, but instead of that, I would opt for the lower contrast paper. The
Ilfo color palette seems to be the same as the older Ciba.

Jim