Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Focaslide / COOMI / Roy & Ed
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 10:09:21 -0500 (EST)

The tubes and Focoslide are perhaps better described as a cumbersome way
to go for a 1:1 reproduction.  Getting there with that rig involves
adjusting the lens-to-subject distance as well as the focus setting on the
lens mount itself.  I've used the Focoslide mounted on the auxiliary arm
of a Polaroid MP4 which does not lend itself to precise adjustment and
which requires elevation of the subject above the baseboard to get 1:1.

Marvin is right - the bellows is an easier way to go. Just remember to
calculate out the bellows extension factor for the exposure.

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Leikon35 wrote:

>  I say that tubes are the wrong way to go about it because there is no
>  compromise with tubes; what you need is a simple variable focusing
>  mount, such as the COOMI  which I have here on my table. It has a micro-
>  meter adjustment vernier of 20mm (40mm to 60mm)  in 1/4mm increments
>  and is smooth as silk however they are quite rare (R7) and I have already
>  sold 3 of the 4 that were in my collection just this last year.
>
>  In addition to the COOMI there are lesser priced variable focusing adapters
>  available for different lenses and of course there is always the good old re-
>  liable Bellows with infinite adjustments.   *Roy should know !!!!!!!!

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart