Subject: Re: [Leica] ???: M3D and David D. Duncan
From: "Jack & Christine Hamilton" <jackham@earth.execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 19:48:00 -0600

When I worked for the Milwaukee  Journal in the 1960's, I bought and used a
further unusual version of the MP.

Mine was on an m-3 body and  but it had the external frame counter (like on
the m-2)...and it had the viewfinder of the m-2 (with the 35-50-90 fields)
and I also had the lever action Leicavit finder. The finish was black
lacquer. I got it from Howard Sochurak...and he got it from the Gremlins in
the Black Forest...or so he claimed...and he classed it as a "special custom
version of the MP."

I'm sure it was in no one's Leica guide. I had the camera for one year, and
then a collector in Chicago bought it. With the money I got I bought two new
Nikon f-2 boxes, plus six Nikkor lenses...SO...I got what I thought was a
good price...and I am a "shooter" and not a collector.

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA