Subject: Re: [Leica] Winogrand/blind shooting
From: "Bill Bresler" <bresler@oeonline.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 08:47:32 -0500

You know, I hate to bring this up but I saw a program on PBS years ago that
featured several photographers. One of them was Winogrand. The camera
followed him on the street and I swear he shot at least a couple of frames
from chest or shoulder level.  Of course, I am 42 years old and my motto is
"The older I get, the better I remember things that never happened."
Bill Bresler

- ----------
> From: Bruce Feldman <feldman@tuj.ac.jp>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Winogrand/blind shooting
> Date: Tuesday, December 16, 1997 12:36 AM
>

> Cary,
>
> I can give you a source for the Winogrand view; I agree it is an
> interesting position.  I found it in an article by Mason Resnick, who you
> might know as the guy who has the "Black and White World" website (worth
> checking out), a confirmed Leica M user himself and former student of
> Winogrand's.  His article was in an old Shutterbug; perhaps you could dig
> it out of their website.  In the article, Resnick, if I can recall,
> describes a street session with Winogrand and the class members.
Somebody
> shoots from the hip or chest and Winogrand severely berates him for it.
> Needless to say, nobody did it again.  There's some other Winogrand
> folklore in the article that's equally interesting.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bruce Feldman
>

> On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Cary Conover wrote:
>
> > Hey people...
> >
> > I'm fascinated by what Bruce Feldman wrote in response (regarding
Winogrand)
> > to Adi about Adi's shooting from chest/hip level. Interesting that
Garry