Subject: [Leica] M6 or M4-P?
From: nandomm@redestb.es (Fernando Moreno)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 97 16:34:57 -0800

Hello LUGers,

I am now looking for my first Leica M (I've always used Nikons), and was
thinking of taking advantage of the M6 rebates in USA.

To say it in just a few words:

Is it worth to pay the difference of about $1000 between a new M6 and a
mint- M4-P?
 Is is that hard to get used to not having the in-camera meter (assuming
you do have an external one)?
Are there any other significant differences between them that I should be
aware of?
I intend to get the 35/2 asph as first lens; should I use this $1000 to get
a 90/2,8 (my second wish lens) instead of using it for a new M6 body?

I suppose there is no easy answer to this questions, but I would welcome
any comments.

Regards,

Fernando Moreno, Madrid
nandomm@redestb.es