Subject: Re: [Leica]Elmar 2.8/50 Collapsible
From: Steve Hickel <smhickel@x2.alliance.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 22:52:31 -0500

Doc,

Tonight I had my f2.8 50 Elmar with me. I also had the Nikkor 105 2.5 too
(LTM). I was waiting for a school function in the auditorium and so were a
few other parents. I noticed off to my right in the same aisle two parents
side-by-side reading two different sections of the newspaper. I proved the
value of the M-6 silent shutter and confirmed the reason for owning the M-6
with these two lenses. I had the 105 on. I pre-focused on a chair in the
row two forward of the readers. I pre-set the exposure to 2.5 at 1/30th
sec. I quickly confirmed the frame on the two of them. Thought of the
Bresson of the Crickett player in the National Potrait Museum in London.  I
cliked the shutter. No one flinched. They didn't even break their
concentration and kept reading. Good, because now I  reassessed my focus
and went for one more. Click. They still didn't look. Wow! Now I have to
get the film back and see how good I did.

Steve